What makes Houdini MC so special?
Fully Compatible With Your Needs
Houdini MC supports the following game modes:
- Casual game: predefined number of clues, players can ask for a clue at any time.
- Elegant game: predefined number of clues, players can ask for a clue after x minutes.
- Mystery mode: predefined number of clues, game master decides when is the appropriate time to provide a clue
- Undercover mode: unlimited clues, game master decides when is the appropriate time to provide a clue.
- Sneaking mode: unlimited clues, game master decides when is the appropriate time to provide a clue, countdown timer is not visible while displaying a clue.
- Custom mode: combine features from all the game modes
Easy to Use Clues’ Manager
Houdini MC supports well formatted text, image, audio and video clues. Change font family, colors and the appearance of the clues. Additionally, Houdini MC supports combinations of image, audio and video clues with text description. It is worth noting that Houdini MC automatically adjusts the dimensions of the media to meet the escape room screen needs. Unlimited customization abilities. Display text clues using transition effects, send video and image clues in full-screen, hide timer when clues are available, clear screen after x seconds etc.
Organize the Rooms
Room editor allows administrators to well organize their escape room parameters. It incorporates in one file the room details (such as available time, number of clues, number of puzzles and brief description) together with the required soundtrack files. Moreover, room editor supports the organization of the clues in different languages.
Use the room editor to view, edit, add or delete text, image, video and audio clues. Use one PC to design all the rooms and transmit the files to your game-masters.
Integrated Sound Mixer
Houdini MC supports the connection of multiple wired or wireless sound devices simultaneously, providing the ability to the game-master to transmit different audio sources, to different sound destinations. It is worth noting that Houdini MC allows the transmission of the total of the sounds directly to the in-room monitor, by employing either HDMI cable, Chromecast or just WiFi (local network). By adopting a wireless approach, one can use the audio output of the in-room monitor to forward the sound to the in-room speakers. In other words, this feature eliminates the requirement of physical wired connection between the control room and the in-room speakers.
Unlimited Customization Abilities
Escape room’s in-room screen is fully customizable through the settings menu. Choose one of the 25 available themes or design your own. Always keep in mind that customization procedure requires minimal training and support. Use your imagination and make your in-room screen part of the atmosphere. Houdini MC provides you the ability to:
- Modify background using your own image and/or video
- Modify the countdown block – select what you want to display
- Modify the available remaining clues block
- Modify the current progress block
- Customize all labels’ color, text size and font
- Customize clues’ text size, color and font
- Customize “success” or “out of time” messages, sounds and videos
- Hide header bar when displaying clues
- and much more
Live Screen Preview
Houdini MC provides the ability to the game master to monitor in (almost) real time what the players see in their escape room screen. Preview the in-room screen every 2 seconds, even if the game is not active. Remotely toggle between fullscreen and window mode, refresh the content and much more. Moreover, now you can switch among the available connected monitors.
Integrated CCTV Viewer
Houdini MC supports the connection of unlimited USB and/or IP (rtsp) cameras simultaneously. Additionally, game master can capture screenshots of the escape room during the game. Use one software for all your escape room needs. Moreover, Use the existing CCTV system to recognize QR Codes! Make QR Codes part of the game.
Compatible With Mobile Devices
Using Houdini MC, the game-masters can display the clues directly on mobile devices (mobile phones and tablets). This feature enables the escape room owners to replace the room tvs with low cost tablets. Tested on Android devices, OS devices and Windows 10 tablets.
Game master can use the embedded scoreboard to retrieve information about the played games, the success rate, the average required time and so on. Additionally, the game master can display in the in-room screen the best team together with the best remaining time for each room. Moreover, game-masters and owners can automatically upload to their website the game statistics.
Additionally, game masters can create a fully customizable leaderboard for each room, accessible from any device connected on the same network. Use this feature to display game statistics on your lobby by employing a low-cost tablet or a monitor equipped with Chromecast.
- Remotely Start or End the Game
- Remotely control Raspberry Pi, Arduino and other microcontroller based locks and mechanisms (such as smoke/fog machines, lights etc.).
- Trigger in-room props and automatically perform actions when the prop is triggered
- Create timed-based events
- Control your smart devices and set “smart” ending events.
- Connect physical buttons (such as “give me a clue” or “panic” buttons)
- Interact with Philips HUE lights
- Display the remaining time on LCD and/or 7-digits displays
- Add or remove minutes on the fly
- Gift your players with bonus time – surprise your customers with additional time! Use a different set of timed-events and soundtrack for this extra time!
- Send custom alert tones (such as “do not touch” etc) using a user friendly and immediate accessible interface.
- Houdini MC reads “loud and clear” the available clues.
- Video/Audio intros and outros
- Much Much more……