Houdini MC provides the ability to the Game master to display in real time Text and Image clues in any, connected to the same WiFi network, mobile device. This feature, on the one hand, can help the game master to monitor what players see through the in-room monitor, while at the same time, improves the interactivity with the players.
To enable this feature, click on “Settings->Connections”. In the sequel:
- Ensure that all the mobile devices and Houdini MC are connected to the same WiFi network.
- Ensure that all the mobile devices are synchronized with the internet time. By default, both, IOS and Android devices are fully synchronized, but to be on the safe side run the http://time.is/ test. Accepted time accuracy ~30 seconds.
- Ensure that Houdini’s PC is synchronized with nist.org internet time.
How to Synchronize Time With Internet Time Server:Open Control Panel (small icons view), and click on the Date and Time option.
Click on the Internet tab from top.
Click on the Change settings button.
Check the box next to Synchronize with an Internet time server.
Select the server from the drop down list and click Update now button.
Click Ok to finish.
- Ensure that node.js is installed to your PC. Download this software from https://nodejs.org/en/
- Select a port. (optional)
- Enable the “Remote Access” toggle button
- Point all mobile devices to this URL