What makes Houdini MC so special?
Fully Compatible With Your Needs
Houdini MC supports the following game modes:
- Casual game: predefined number of clues, players can ask for a clue at any time.
- Elegant game: predefined number of clues, players can ask for a clue after x minutes.
- Mystery mode: predefined number of clues, game-master decides when is the appropriate time to provide a clue
- Undercover mode: unlimited clues, game-master decides when is the appropriate time to provide a clue.
- Sneaking mode: unlimited clues, game-master decides when is the appropriate time to provide a clue, countdown timer is not visible while displaying a clue.
- Custom mode: combine features from all the game modes
Easy to Use Clues’ Manager
Houdini MC supports well formatted text, image, audio and video clues. Change font family, colors and the appearance of the clues. Additionally, Houdini MC supports combinations of image, audio and video clues with text description. It is worth noting that Houdini MC automatically adjusts the dimensions of the media to meet the escape room screen needs. Unlimited customization abilities. Display text clues using transition effects, send video and image clues in full-screen, hide timer when clues are available, clear screen after x seconds etc.
Moreover, sometimes, out of the blue, players ask for a clue. The game-master is not ready to give an immediate answer, and needs some time to prepare the hint. These few moments feel like ages for the players. Houdini MC gives the ability to the game-master to automatically inform the players that a clue is on the way. [Read More About This Feature]
Organize the Rooms
Room editor allows administrators to well organize their escape room parameters. It incorporates in one file the room details (such as available time, number of clues, number of puzzles and brief description) together with the required soundtrack files. Moreover, room editor supports the organization of the clues in different languages.
Use the room editor to view, edit, add or delete text, image, video and audio clues. Use one PC to design all the rooms and transmit the files to your game-masters.[Read More About Room-Editor]
Integrated Sound Mixer
Houdini MC supports the connection of multiple wired or wireless sound devices simultaneously, providing the ability to the game-master to transmit different audio sources, to different sound destinations. It is worth noting that Houdini MC allows the transmission of the total of the sounds directly to the in-room monitor, by employing either HDMI cable, Chromecast or just WiFi (local network). By adopting a wireless approach, one can use the audio output of the in-room monitor to forward the sound to the in-room speakers. In other words, this feature eliminates the requirement of physical wired connection between the control room and the in-room speakers. [Read More]
Unlimited Customization Abilities
Escape room’s in-room screen is fully customizable through the settings menu. To start with, select one of the 30+ available preset themes or design your own. Always keep in mind that customization procedure requires minimal training and support. Use your imagination and make your in-room screen part of the atmosphere. Houdini MC provides you the ability to:
- Set your own background using your favorite image and/or video
- Modify the countdown timer block – select what you want to display
- Select custom countdown animation
- Modify/View/Hide the available remaining clues block
- Modify/View/Hide the current progress block
- Customize all labels’ color, text size and font
- Customize clues’ text size, color and font
- Customize “success” or “out of time” messages, sounds and videos
- Display game statistics
- Hide header bar when displaying clues
- and much much more
Use one PC to shape your favorite in-room screen and forward your preferences to your game-masters. Moreover, export and save the shaped theme for backup purposes.
Live Screen Preview
Houdini MC provides the ability to the game-master to monitor in (almost) real time what the players see in their escape room screen. Preview the in-room screen every 2 seconds, even if the game is not active. Remotely toggle between full-screen and window mode, refresh the content and much more. Moreover, now you can switch among the available connected monitors. [Read More]
Integrated CCTV Viewer
Houdini MC supports the connection of unlimited IP (RTST) cameras simultaneously. Additionally, game-master can capture screenshots of the escape room during the game. Use one software for all your escape room needs. [Visit our FAQ section – Question 18 for more details]
Moreover, Use the existing CCTV system to recognize QR Codes! Make QR Codes part of the game. [Visit our FAQ section – Question 40 for more details]
Compatible With Mobile Devices
Using Houdini MC, the game-masters can display text and image clues directly on mobile devices (mobile phones and tablets). This feature enables the escape room owners to replace the room TVs with low cost tablets. Moreover, Windows 10 operating system and some Android versions allows you to also transfer video and audio clues as well as the soundtrack of the room! In all the platforms. Google Chrome application is strongly recommended. [Read More]
Game-master can use the embedded scoreboard to retrieve information about the played games, the success rate, the average required time and so on. Additionally, the game-master can display in the in-room screen the best team together with the best remaining time for each room. Moreover, game-masters and owners can automatically upload to their website the game statistics.
Additionally, game-masters can create a fully customizable leader-board for each room, accessible from any device connected on the same network. Use this feature to display game statistics on your lobby by employing a low-cost tablet or a monitor equipped with Chromecast. [Read More]
- Remotely Start or End the Game [Read More]
- Remotely control Raspberry Pi, Arduino and other microcontroller based locks and mechanisms (such as smoke/fog machines, lights etc.). [Read More]
- Interact with High-Voltage devices. This solution does not require a line of code! [Read More]
- Trigger in-room props and automatically perform actions when the prop is triggered. [Read More]
- Create timed-based events. [Read More]
- Control your smart devices and set “smart” ending events. [Read More]
- Connect physical buttons (such as “give me a clue” or “panic” buttons). [Read More]
- Interact with Philips HUE lights. [Read More]
- Create HUE animations based on HUE scenes. [Read More]
- Display the remaining time on LCD and/or 7-digits displays.
- Add or remove minutes on the fly. [Read More]
- Gift your players with bonus time – surprise your customers with additional time! Use a different set of timed-events and soundtrack for this extra time! [Visit our FAQ section – Question 10 for more details]
- Send custom alert tones (such as “do not touch” etc) using a user friendly and immediate accessible interface.
- Houdini MC reads “loud and clear” the available clues.
- Video/Audio intros and outros.
- Much Much more……